I am happy to share with you that as of yesterday, I am officially on the August 2nd ballot for Oak Ridge City Council. I would like to thank all of you who have supported me thus far. I most certainly would not be in a position to impact our future without your encouragement, time and efforts over the last few years.
As you may know, we face a unique election year. A single city council seat will be on both the August and November ballots and two other seats will also appear on the November ballot. This will also be the first year that our general local election will coincide with the national election.
These factors create both a challenge and an opportunity. The challenge to get my message and name out in November will be greater due to the national election campaigns that will undoubtedly cloud our political landscape. The August election, however, affords me the opportunity to economize on my campaign resources and to increase my visibility in advance of the November election. Rest assured, I am running to win both elections.
I am in the early stages of strategizing my full campaigns and would greatly appreciate your feedback as it will help guide me along the way. Please contact me via email or comment to this post with your thoughts as well as any interest you may have in the following activities:
- I would like information on becoming a registered voter
- I am willing to sign your next petition for the November ballot
- I would post a sign in my yard (specify the number of total locations you would allow signage if more than one)
- I would post a magnetic sign on my vehicle
- I would be willing to distribute pamphlets in neighborhoods or around town
- I would host a candidate coffee/teas/socials/etc.
- I would wear a Trina Baughn campaign T-Shirt (specify size & quantity)
- I would like to schedule time to talk with Trina directly about my concerns for the future of Oak Ridge
- I would like to contribute monetarily. Please contact me directly to discuss further.
- I will contribute monetarily and will make a check payable to: Campaign to Elect Trina Baughn and mail to:
Citizens National Bank 21 Jefferson Ave , Oak Ridge, TN 37830
Notes on contributions:
In keeping with my expressed views on fiscal responsibility, I want all of my supporters to know that I intend on running this campaign as efficiently as possible. I would like nothing more than to successfully win using minimal funds. However, I recognize that I cannot do this alone. Therefore, I welcome contributions from those who both desire and can afford to contribute to my efforts. Please note the following:
- Contributions will be kept confidential to the maximum extent allowed by law
- The legal maximum monetary contribution is $1,400 per person.
- Contributions over $100 are not kept private and require the disclosure of the contributor’s occupation & employer.
- Contributions are not tax deductible.
If you would like to learn more about my contributions and thoughts for our future, I invite you to contact me directly, friend me on facebook or follow my website (click on left). Scroll up and click the label to the left entitled “Oak Ridge City Issues/Updates” to read about my past and present endeavors.
Thank you again for your past and future encouragement! Please feel free to share this information with all of your friends via email, facebook, twitter, etc.