Council’s next regular meeting is scheduled for Monday, April 13th at 7:00p.m. at the Municipal Building. Significant items include:
- Resolution awarding a contract to Rogers Group for street milling and resurfacing – $350K
- Resolution awarding a contract to S&W Contracting Co, Inc for the installation of a traffic signal on the Oak Ridge Turnpike at the Oak Ridge High School – $177K
- Resolution extending the lease on the Daniel Arthur Building for the purposes of operating the senior center
- Zoning Ordinance amendment approving Main Street Oak Ridge PUD Master Plan
- Ordinance repealing and replacing rules and regulations regarding distribution of electric power within the city
- Final adoption of Zoning Ordinance amendments allowing for mixed use within the commercial core of the city
- Final adoption of ordinance amendment to fiscal 2015 budget appropriations to eliminate the Solid Waste Fund appropriation and integrate it into the General Fund
See the agenda packet here for complete details. I’ve not had time to transcribe the results of the March meeting, but a draft is located within this month’s agenda packet and the video is uploaded here. Additionally, I discuss the results of the March 27th Special Meeting regarding the ORPD investigation here and a related item here.
Though I am not always able to respond to every communication, I welcome your questions and feedback. Feel free to share these updates with anyone who may be interested in staying abreast of city issues.