Council’s next regular meeting is scheduled for Monday, March 14th at 7:00p.m. at the Municipal Building. Significant items include:
- Multiple authorizations for local businesses engaged in alcohol sales
- Authorization to apply for and accept a grant of $250,000 up to $500,000 for synthetic turf at Blankenship. 50% required local match.
- Water Services Contract with DOE (placeholder, no information provided)
- Budget amendment allowing the schools to increase their total budget by $200,000 due to received or carried over grants
- Final reading of ordinance replacing “Erosion Control and Stormwater Management” with a new chapter to comply with TDEC MS4 Program
- Election of City Judge Salary Review Committee and council representative to Engineering Firm Evaluation/Selection Process
See the agenda packet here for complete details. All citizens are afforded a minimum of 3 minutes to speak to council at the beginning of the meeting to any subject not on the agenda. All citizens are also afforded a minimum of 3 minutes to speak to each and every item on the agenda.
Results from the February meeting are found here.
Though I am not always able to respond to every communication, I welcome your questions and feedback. Feel free to share these update emails with anyone who may be interested in staying abreast of city issues.