Council’s next regular meeting is scheduled for Monday, May 9th at 7:00p.m. at the Municipal Building. Significant items include:
- A contract award to TML for property, liability and workers comp insurance for $884,744.
- A professional services agreement award to Cannon and Cannon for engineering services regarding pedestrian safety improvements on the Oak Ridge Turnpike for $96,000
- A contract award to Duracap Asphalt Paving Co. for street milling and resurfacing for $430,000 (specific streets are listed within the agenda)
- Approval of the ORPD to spend $105,138 for the purchase of two new patrol vehicles and equipment
- Approval of the annual Action Plan and Allocations of the CDBG funding of $217,646 (to be spent on the acquisition and demolition of dilapidated housing and rehabilitation of others)
- An ordinance (first reading) to allow the keeping of hens
- A discussion and possible action on a contract alternative to the current golf contract management company (recently “bailed out” in this meeting).
See the agenda packet here for complete details. All citizens are afforded a minimum of 3 minutes to speak to council at the beginning of the meeting to any subject not on the agenda. All citizens are also afforded a minimum of 3 minutes to speak to each and every item on the agenda. The council meeting will live stream via this link.
Results from the April meeting are found here.
Though I am not always able to respond to every communication, I welcome your questions and feedback. Feel free to share these update emails with anyone who may be interested in staying abreast of city issues.
Follow Me @
LinkedIn: Trina Baughn